- The treatment team (technicians and veterinary assistants) LOVES to snuggle your pets even though you rarely get to see them. They deal with sick and surgical patients throughout the day and also LOVE to snuggle these guys, but it’s a nice change of pace when they get to see puppies and kittens as well. The reception team will often ask to steal your puppy or kitten for a quick trip to the back – we’re stealing them so they can snuggle their technician!
- We seek veterinary care for our pets as well, we do understand all that goes into pet ownership from the stress of worrying about your sick pet, to the need for reminders about medications and yes. The cost of veterinary medicine as well. We are in the unique situation that we get to see why everything costs what it does and to understand the ins and outs of all of it, which sometimes makes things easier to deal with. If you have questions, please ask, knowledge is power!
- We truly care for the patients from the veterinarian to reception. We build relationships with them over the years and are happy to see them when they come it. We’re also heartbroken to see them go when it’s time. If you need a hug, they’ll be there for you for sure.
- We have laws and regulations we have to follow that regulate what we can give and what the stipulations around giving that is (i.e. prescription refills, vaccines etc.) It’s never personal; we have to follow the rules, just like in human medicine.
- We secretly love to talk about our pets. If you want to get anyone talking, ask them about their fluffy family member, and they will chat away forever. We are pet parents first, employees second.
Written by Dartmouth Veterinary Hospital