The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) celebrates Animal Health Week from September 30 to October 6, 2018, this year’s theme is Vaccines Save Lives! This is a reminder to animal owners about disease prevention.
We have had great advances in animal health care and vaccinations and currently are able to do a great job of protecting our animals.
When you let us know your pet’s lifestyle we can assess their risk factors and specifically tailor a vaccine plan and schedule for your pet.
The CVMA is reminding animal owners about these Five Reasons to Vaccinate:
- Vaccinations are safe and effective – they prevent many animal illnesses.
- Vaccinations protect everyone – they prevent diseases that can be passed not only from animal to animal but also from animal to human.
- Vaccinations are an important part of annual health exams.
- Vaccinations are tailored to each animal based on its breed, age, overall health, and disease exposure risk.
- Vaccinations can help avoid costly treatments for diseases that can be prevented.
Written By: Dr. Jane Corkum, DVM